How a man chooses to flaunt his hair is a crucial part of his grooming. There is no denying the fact that the hairstyle you carry has a lot to do with the way you look. From the type of haircut to the length of your hair, the TLC required to ensure your hair looks its best never fails to amaze us. While you may have shortlisted the facial hairstyle that suits your face cut the best and may even have researched about the hairstyles trending this year, do you know what hair care regime you should follow to maintain luscious locks and a healthy scalp? Visit a men’s hair salon in NYC for a hair spa day and while you are on it ask the experts for some professional tips to keep the shine and silkiness of your hair spot on!
We understand, sometimes it gets a little too overwhelming with innumerable hair care products out there. Calm down and read through these awesome tips that are sure to keep your hair healthy and get you some compliments!
● In all probability you would have come across products that claim to have 2-in-1 benefits! Some may think that it is a great idea to opt for an all in one body wash, shampoo, and conditioner but we advise you to reconsider. Investing in a proper hair care regime is much better for your hair in the long run.
● Do not use a shampoo that has a lot of harsh chemicals. The best shampoos are those which gently cleanse your scalp and hair. Such shampoos also contain nourishing ingredients that are good for the strength and thickness of your hair. Be on the lookout for ingredients like amino acids, vitamin E, and hydrolyzed wheat protein.
● Many guys develop the habit of applying shampoo each time they get in the shower. Not good for the health of your hair at all! Refrain from using shampoo every day as constant shampooing potentially dries out your hair and scalp. If you have an oily scalp you may shampoo on alternate days.
● Sometimes we just feel lazy and come out of the shower without conditioning after washing our hair. Sorry to break it out guys but shampooing alone doesn’t suffice if you want smooth and shiny hair. Use a conditioner for best results. The product plays an important role in moisturizing your hair in just the right way.
● When it comes to drying our hair, most men simply grab their towel and get rubbing. That is not the right way to do it and often leads to breakage. Gently pat your wet hair instead of roughly rubbing it to avoid unwanted damage to the strands. Also, go easy with the blow dryer as excessive heating is bad for your locks. Ask a professional at any men’s hair salon in NYCand they will advise you to turn down the heat!
If you are looking for a men’s hair salon in NYC with professionals who are nothing but the best at their job, book an appointment with Salon West! We promise you will walk out happy and satisfied.